Saturday, January 4, 2014

Personal Power

I found a great article by a woman named Shannon Kaiser entitled "20 Things to Let Go of Before the New Year." It is an amazing combination of ideas around "letting go" and empowerment. I'm going to take one item from the list each day for the next 20 days and write about it, expanding it a bit, sharing my own ideas.

Today's item is:

"Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered strong."

We really can choose our own thoughts. With wonderful tools such as hypnosis, EFT and Access Consciousness, we can release the limiting beliefs that shape our thoughts. As we peel the onion of our limiting beliefs, we can bring in new beliefs, intentions and a new way of approaching life.

Louise Hay is one of my favorite authors and she has created Hay House Publishing to showcase new thought leaders and their ideas for a better life. She has a book called "You Can Heal Your Life," which lists common symptoms and then the probable causes of that illness, pain, etc.

For example, I had some pain in my shoulder. When I look up "shoulder," I see a reference to "ability to carry out experiences in life joyously. We make life a burden by our attitude." WOW! I've heard the term "shoulder responsibility" all of my life.

To change this, I can use a new thought pattern, such as: "I choose to allow all of my experiences to be joyous and loving."

Louise goes on to say in her book: "Every thought we think is creating our future. Each one of us creates our experiences by our thoughts and our feelings. The thoughts we think and the words we speak create our experiences."

Her key message is: "If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed." Isn't that empowering? We can change our thoughts and change our bodies and our lives!

The book is also available as an app called "Heal Your Body A-Z" and it has amazing affirmations to help us shift our thought patterns to those that better serve our highest good.

If you want to check out Shannon's article, go to: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11973/20-things-to-let-go-of-before-the-new-year.html

No comments:

Post a Comment