Sunday, January 12, 2014

Letting Go of Being the "Go-To-Person" for Everyone, All the Time!

(Yes, two blogs today, to make up for missing yesterday!)

Oh, my, is this one a BIGGIE for me:

"Let go of being the 'go-to-person' for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first . . . because you matter."

Yes, this is for me. There is a part of me that believes that I have to have all of the answers and share information and tips and healing for everyone else. (I have some friends who nicknamed me "Wikipedia" for Heaven's sake!)

And, yet, this can be simply EXHAUSTING!!! Having to always be "ON" and having to always dispense guidance or information or send healing energy ALL OF THE TIME is just too much!

Over the past year, I have toned it down. Over the past year, I have learned when I need to take better care of myself and when I need to rest or take a day to relax. I have some new energy tools that help me better manage my personal energy, cut cords with people and recharge myself. I also take more time to meditate and journal. I'm also getting better at saying "NO".

A wise counselor once told me that sometimes you have to say "no" to someone else, so you can say "yes" to yourself. So true!

Like today. Initially, my hubby was scheduled to be working all day, so I scheduled a class to teach. As the time drew closer, I felt less and less like teaching. I felt that I needed a day to relax and chill. So, I rescheduled the class.

I'm going to a movie with my daughter and then I'm stopping at my favorite grocery store for some special treats and cooking a great dinner for my hubby.

I'm beginning to LOVE taking better care of myself . . . because I'm beginning to believe that I DO matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment