Monday, January 27, 2014

Letting Go of Trying to Fit In

Today's suggestion is another really good one:

"Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding."

How many of us were bullied or bossed around in childhood, in an effort to "make" us fit in? Church, school and family often needs us to fit in their box, to make life simple and easy! And, then we join the work world and it's the same old thing!

Face it: you may NEVER fit in and the chance that you will be accepted by everyone is quite remote. I wish I had realized this when I first graduated from college! The pain of trying so hard to get everyone to like me in the business world was crippling and draining and no fun!

About 13 years ago, I met the man who became my husband and he has taught me so much about knowing that not everyone will accept you. He teaches me everyday to be true to myself and let the chips fall where they may!

It's not that he doesn't care. He does! He just doesn't care what you think about him or his actions! I so admire that!

Panache Desai also talked about this on a recent broadcast. He said that he has learned not to care so much. That doesn't mean that he is not loving or compassionate, because he is. It just means that he doesn't care if he ruffles feathers or says or does something that some person may not like. He has learned that it really doesn't matter what others think of him, so he has chosen not to care.

The last part of today's suggestion is also quite wonderful and bears repeating:

"Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding."

Yes, it does! You know, there is no one quite like you in the ENTIRE WORLD!!! Isn't that truly amazing?

So, today, I choose to celebrate MY unique qualities and honor myself, realizing that I will NEVER fit in!

And that is OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment