Saturday, January 18, 2014

Letting Go of Thinking You Have to Know How to Make It Happen

Today's suggestion is a great one for anyone who is building a business, a career or a life! How many of us want to know HOW everything is going to transpire. It's almost as if we say, "OK, God, show me how you are going to do this in my life and THEN I'll take the leap."

It doesn't work that way. Just as Shannon Kaiser said in her blog post, you gotta:

"Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.

It reminds me of that Joseph Campbell quote that I presented a few days ago:

“If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it's not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That's why it's your path.”

We have to trust that God (or the Universe, or Divine Source or whatever you call the Creator) will be faithful to us and take good care of us along the way.

So many times, I think that I know best and I try to bend something or "make it happen" and those situations never turn out good! And, even in that case, who wants "good" when you can have GREAT?

When we can "let go" and really join in on the flow of life, all kinds of synchronicities begin to happen and we enter a kind of magical space that invites beautiful outcomes.

We can also follow our hearts, trust our feelings and go where we feel led. When I focus on what I love to do, what makes my heart sing, what makes time fly, THAT'S when I know that I am following my life purpose. That's when I know that I am BEING who I came here to be.

And that reminds me of another quote that I have leaned into over the past 11 years:

“If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.”
― Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment