Monday, January 13, 2014

Letting Go of Thinking Everyone Else is Happier . . .

Today's suggestion from our list of things to "let go" is a biggie:

"Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you."

Don't you sometimes get sucked into that? Looking at Facebook, and you see the new car, smart kids and new wardrobe of some of your friends? What about those who are going on fun trips or celebrating birthdays in exotic places? Does it make you green with envy? Lead you to question: What about me? How am I doing?

Well, the message in today's suggestion is a powerful one:

"You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you."

I began following Esther and Jerry Hicks and their Guides, also known as Abraham in 1995. I have memorized one of their affirmations:

"Right now there are many people who are enjoying the dream that is coming for me. There is nothing amiss. I am right on track and gravitating to something that will satisfy me even more."

Whenever I get caught up in someone else's posts or emails or personal sharing sessions over lunch, I just remind myself of this affirmation and the truth in those words. I then turn to gratitude for my beautiful family, my clients, my home, my pets, etc.

Because, my path is MY PATH. I am learning patience and tolerance and balance and grace on this earthly journey. I planned before I came down for this life to have these lessons, to enjoy the challenges of this life. And then I get lost in gratitude for the beautiful life I am creating, in this moment.

And I am content.

Today's thought also reminds me of an old saying that I once saw on a sign in an antique shop:

Our successes and failures are like clothes on a line.

At the end of the day,

You take what's yours and I take mine.

So, the next time the "grass is greener on the other side" pops up in your mind, just remember: You are right where you need to be!

And, as you express gratitude for everything in your life, feel the expansion of the beauty, grace and abundance in all areas of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment