Friday, January 10, 2014

Let Go of Thinking You are Damaged

Well, here we are on Day 7 of our count down of 20 Things to Let Go Of. This is based on a blog I read by Shannon Kaiser a few weeks ago. Today's suggestion is:

"Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter and the world needs you just as you are."

For years, I struggled with feeling I was different. After a few years in therapy, I decided that I was just damaged goods and that's why I was attracting all the chaos and drama. Then, in 2002, I began my spiritual journey, seeking healing and information about my path and my life's mission.

Along the way, I've healed a lot of my childhood traumas, dropped a lot of my emotional baggage and learned that I am beautiful and and wonderful, just as I am.

There's a Japanese custom where they filled the cracks in broken pots with a gold-infused resin. This makes the pots even more beautiful! Something that was "damaged" is transformed into a thing of beauty.

Spiritual teachers also talk about how "God loves cracked pots," because that's how the light shines through! I believe that our perceived imperfections allow our light to shine in beautiful and perhaps unusual ways.

My experiences and my healing path have enabled me to help others heal and grow. In this way, what was once my weakness has become my strength. So, I've become a healing guide for the world and that's exactly what the world needs at this point in man's evolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment