Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Au Revoir to Suzy, Not Goodbye


I just got word that my friend Suzy Moore crossed over this morning. She was such a sweet person, with kindness and caring such a part of her nature. She was always smiling and radiating love, wherever she went.


Just a few weeks ago, I saw her at an event and we hugged and talked as if only a day had passed since the last time we spoke. She always asked about me, my work, my husband, and family. And, she really wanted to know. Suzy REALLY was interested in whatever interested you and it showed in her compassion, her attentive listening and that smile! Her smile could light up a room!


About a year ago, I invited Suzy to be a part of a group I was creating to produce retreats for women who are just coming on to their spiritual paths. She politely declined, saying that she didn't think she fit in. I begged her to reconsider, but she continued to decline and wished me the best with our project. I thought many times about how I handled the invitation. Was I too brusque? Should I have given her a chance to help us create the group, rather than attempt to add her later to the faculty?


I thought of my questions this morning when I learned of her passing. I immediately went outside and talked with her.


Suzy, I want to apologize for the idiot way I invited you to be a part of our group. I know I screwed it up. And, I also know you know me. You REALLY know me now! And you know that I was inviting you from a "heart" place. That I really wanted you to participate in whatever way was authentic for you. Thank you for touching my life, Suzy. I love you and I am blessed to know you and I can't wait to see what we will create in the next life! Cheers, my friend! I'll bet you are dancing and kicking up your heels as you transition. And so I say to you, "au revoir," as the French say, which means "until seeing you again."


As I walked back into my building, it began to rain. I thought about other friends & family with whom I might have misunderstandings. Well, the one with Suzy is settled now. However, I don't have to wait for someone to pass to work things out, do I?


I've got some phone calls to make . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment