Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spend Time With Those You Really Love


"Do not let yourself be bothered with the inconsequential. One only has so much time in this world, so devote it to the work and the people most important to you, to those you love and things that matter. One can waste half a lifetime with people one doesn't really like or doing things when one would be better off somewhere else." - Louis L'amour

Isn’t that an amazing truth in this quote? How many times do you give an incredible amount of time to the “squeaky wheel”? Worry too much over something trivial? Devote time to an unimportant task?
When I find myself worrying over someone who has “rubbed me the wrong way,” I usually ask my guides or angels to show me why this is bothering me. Sometimes, they show me something in myself that I need to see. Often, they encourage me to “forgive and forget.” Both opportunities provide learning. And, when I’ve learned the lesson, it’s remarkable how this person will just rotate out of my life.
Also, when we focus on the people most important to us, we may have to say “No” to a few of the others. We may even have to say “No” to some of the ones close to us, in order to take care of ourselves.
Mr. L’amour makes it sound so simple…. spend time with those you really love and do what you really love . . . mmm, sounds good to me.

PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment