Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Course in Miracles

When I began my spiritual journey a few years ago, I heard someone say that if you hear about a teacher, a book or a course three times, it might be the Universe’s way of getting your attention. Perhaps anytime something is mentioned 3 or more times, you might want to make note.
Well, over the past 6 years, “A Course in Miracles” has been mentioned to me about 15 or 20 times. At first, I looked it up and dismissed it as a little too “new age” for me. Later, I picked up the book/workbook and marveled at how overwhelming the prospect of working through the 365 lessons seemed. Within the last few months, I’ve been told about the Course by at least 6 people, including close friends. I mentioned it to my wonderful husband and the next thing you know, Amazon had delivered a copy to my doorstep for only $5 plus shipping.
I immediately dug into the huge volume and read Lesson #1. I put it by my bedside so I can read it each night. When I got to the office, I looked on-line and found that you can read each lesson on one of about a thousand sites. I chose Oprah’s page with Marianne Williamson and I was off and running.
Now, I read the Lesson each morning from my laptop and then review it several times during the day.
At night, I pick up my blue volume and re-read the day’s Lesson one last time before going to sleep.
Although I’ve just started with the Lessons, I can tell that a shift is taking place. I am beginning to look at people, things and situations in my life in new and different ways. I can feel my brain buzzing after I read a lesson…maybe connecting new neural pathways . . . to where? Higher consciousness? My Higher Self?
I don’t know at this point. I just know that it resonates with me and maybe I’m ready for a different way of thinking and a different way of looking at my world . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment